Friday, June 13, 2014

Guess we just have to go to Myrtle Beach!

I've been lucky with roommates. Really lucky. My former roomie Rachel and I have had more than our fair share of awesome adventures. We are sort of an opposites attract pair of friends but we have one very important thing in common. We both tend to ask "Why Not?" instead of "Why?" and we usually can't think of many reasons to NOT.

One of our best adventures made us roommates instead of just friends. We waited tables together, I had trained Rachel just a few months before and we formed a fast friendship. One late night on a patio in the Old City, Rachel asked "Hey, do you want to go work at the beach this summer?" Three days later we drove to Myrtle Beach, found jobs at the same restaurant and an awesome little shack across the street from the beach in "North Myrtle." The owner lived in the front of the house while we lived in the back. Seriously, she could open a door in her kitchen and walk into our living room. And it was AMAZING!

Sand in my flipflops and the floorboard of my car will forever remind me of our summer at the beach. And the movie "Shag" which we watched several times that summer and even more times that fall. Rock it out, Pudge!




No comments:

Post a Comment