Wednesday, May 6, 2015

When Your Dreams Are Only Blue

Like so many people, I watched A Montage of Heck this week. And one of the biggest surprises for me was actually my own reaction. I love Nirvana. Come on, I was working in a record store in 1991, I still remember listening to Bleach and Nevermind for the first time and thinking "Well, we've really got something here folks..."

But...I thought Kurt was a self absorbed a-hole. I thought his attitude was a little "affected" (my grandmother's polite way of saying fake). I don't know that I learned anything new about him from the documentary. What was really illuminated was how different I am in 2015. I'm more receptive. I'm more loving. I'm less cynical. I'm less judgmental. I wish Kurt could have made it out of his twenties because maybe things would have been different for him too.



Buy On Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment