Monday, October 20, 2014

I Laughed Out Loud Once

"American Fool" was released the summer before I started 8th grade. I remember laying on a quilt covered in baby oil (mixed with iodine because that helped you tan) and hearing "Hurts So Good" for the very first time. I seriously can remember it like it was yesterday, the colors of the quilt, the stereo speaker propped up in my opened bedroom window, my first adult two piece bathing suit. And the bridge to that song...

I feel like I grew up with John Cougar Mellencamp, still impossible for me not to include the Cougar in there. And this song hits too close to home in so many ways. It definitely isn't a Happy Monday song, but I love it just the same.

So here's to self destructive behavior and not so wasted youth!



Buy On Amazon



Buy On Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment