Monday, June 2, 2014

You Ol' Boogie Fool

My college roommate Gerald is honest to Pete the funniest person I have ever met. I can't tell you exactly how many times he made me laugh until I cried, snorted, spit a drink out of my nose or peed a little. I can tell you it happened pretty much daily. Your funniest joke or coolest story would get a "ah sookie sookie now" and when we were in the car together he usually told at least one pedestrian to step out and meet Jesus.

Gerald could out Aretha Aretha in Karaoke. I'm pretty sure there is a 'studio production' video out there somewhere with him singing Funky Cold Medina on spring break in one of those "record your own video" booths. And he would break into Niki Hoeky with a really nice Soul Train line dance on command.

I miss him almost every day and haven't seen him in almost 20 years. But whenever I'm driving along and someone looks like they are going to just keep on walking through the crosswalk even though the sign is clearly flashing "Don't Walk", I politely invite them to step out and meet Jesus.



Buy On Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment